Pan Fried Asparagus is fast, easy and healthy to boot. You don’t always have to go fancy with your asparagus, sometimes just throwing it into a pan and frying it up works perfectly.
How To Make Pan Fried Asparagus
What You’ll Need
- A large skillet
- Olive oil
- Asparagus (slightly thicker is better)
- Minced garlic
- Flaked sea salt
- Cracked Black Pepper
How do I trim Asparagus?
The best way to trim the spears is by taking the stalk and with a hand on each end and bend it. The stalk will snap in the location where the tender part meets the woody, tough part, leaving you with perfectly tender asparagus every time. You can guess where the spear gets woody and cut it with a knife as well.
Mike’s Tips & Tricks for the Best Pan Fried Asparagus
- When selecting your asparagus, make sure that the stalks are crisp and not soft and check the tops for any signs of softness. The tops can start to rot even in the stores!
- I recommend cooking the asparagus until it’s tender-crisp, so that you still have some bite to it, but the outside is soft and cooked.
- Use flaked sea salt to sprinkle over top when serving if desired.
- Add in the garlic near the end, or it will overcook.
More Asparagus Recipes:
- Roasted Garlic Asparagus with Sovrano Cheese
- Keto Friendly Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
- One Pan Rosemary Chicken Asparagus Dinner
- Garlic and Olive Oil Grilled Asparagus
These are amazing when served with steak and as a side for pretty much any dish. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.
Happy Low Carbing,
Don’t Forget to PIN THIS RECIPE to your LOW CARB RECIPES board and remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
How to Pan Fry Asparagus so that it's tender-crisp, flavourful and fast! It's a great healthy side dish and low carb as well.
- 1-2 lbs fresh asparagus
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- flaked sea salt
- cracked black pepper
Trim the asparagus spears;
Preheat your skillet over medium-high heat with the olive oil.
Place the asparagus spears in the skillet. Fry for 4-5 minutes ( or more, depending on the thickness of the spears) until they are almost ready. Add in the garlic, then fry for another 1-3 minutes until the garlic is browned and fragrant.
Remove, plate and serve hot.
Garnish with sea salt and cracked pepper when serving.