This fast and easy One Pan Rosemary Chicken & Asparagus Dinner is low carb, Keto-friendly and bursting with flavour! This is not a chicken dish for those that don't love tangy, fresh flavours. The lemon in this really makes it zippy and fresh!
Rosemary Chicken Dinner
Rosemary chicken is a classic taste pairing, but to make it lighter tasting in the spring and summer months ( or whenever asparagus is actually affordable) using lemon and garlic to boost the flavour is key to making this a great chicken dish. Not only that, this is low carb and can be made high fat for Keto diets if needed. The net carbs ring in at 4 grams and there is a lot of healthy fats from using olive oil in the recipe.
How do I choose good asparagus?
- Look for firm, bright green stalks. The size doesn't really matter, but I personally prefer asparagus that is medium thickness.
- The tips should be firm and a bright green or purple hue. This is where they will start to go mushy first!
- The stalks should not bend, they should be snappy and brittle. Bending means they are starting to go.
- Look for clean, non-blemished stalks. Take a peek at the photos here.
Mikes Tips & Tricks for Rosemary Chicken
- I buy lemon flavoured olive oil and it is going to be a staple in your cupboard. Try it with ricotta cheese and bread. You will never eat ricotta plain again, so you don't have to worry that you won't use it up.
- I prefer using a pan with sides to make sure all the sauce stays around the chicken but a sheet pan is great.
- The asparagus will over cook if you put it in at the start, so make sure to add it later.
Happy low-carb cooking!
Pin This Recipe to Your Low Carb Recipes Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST
One Pan Rosemary Chicken & Asparagus Dinner
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 35 minutes
- Total Time
- 45 minutes
- Main Course
- 1/2 cup olive oil I used lemon flavoured for a SUPER lemon boost!
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp minced fresh garlic
- 2 tbsp dried rosemary or 1/3 cup fresh
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 lb of fresh asparagus washed and trimmed
- extra sea salt and pepper for serving
- Combine the first five ingredients in a food processor - or in a container that you can use a hand blender in- and process until creamy and smooth.
- Place the chicken in a container and using 1/3 of the sauce, baste. Cover the chicken and the remaining sauce and refrigerate for a few hours.
- To cook, preheat your oven to 350 °F.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge and place on a large baking sheet or large pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then add the asparagus to the pan. Take the remaining sauce and re-baste the chicken and baste the asparagus as well.
- Cook until the chicken reaches 165 °F.
- Remove and serve!
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.