It’s grilling season and this Lemon Herb Low Carb Pork Chops recipe is a simple, tangy marinade that will make your pork chops taste amazing!
Marinating your Low Carb Pork Chops
I recommend using this recipe to marinate your pork chops overnight. You’ll also want to use thick pork chops as they tend to produce a better flavor when grilled and don’t dry out as quickly. This marinade will give you a lemon and herb flavor that is second to none. When grilling them, you’ll want to ensure you reach a safe temperature as well.
What is a Safe Cooking Temperature for Pork Chops?
With every pork recipe here and on The Kitchen Magpie I remind everyone that the finishing temperature for pork has changed. While you do still have to cook ground pork to at least 165 °F. you can now cook roasts, tenderloin and pork chops to 145 °F. This is thanks to farming standards improving over the years and means that your pork chops won’t be tough as shoe leather when you are done cooking them.
Do I use bone-in or boneless pork chops?
You can use either in this recipe, the choice is up to you. I will say that I find that bone IN pork chops tend to be juicier after cooking. I’m sure that having the bone in helps keep the pork chops from drying out. Again this is just my personal preference but whenever I have used boneless they tend to dry up.
Low Carb Pork Chops Tips & Tricks
- Marinade these overnight or for 24 hours. Letting them marinade for this period of time helps give the marinade time to soak in and will drastically increase the flavor of the pork chops overall.
- Use thick pork chops as they tend to retain their juices better and will be much less tough than if you purchased thin ones. Remember, you can cook them alot less nowadays allowing you to enjoy them when they are more tender.
- Cook your pork chops to 145°F. Remember that pork is usually pink at this temperature, which is perfectly safe according to food guidelines.
I hope you enjoy these as much as I did. Happy low carbing!
Pin this recipe to your BBQ Meals or Supper Ideas Boards.
Lemon & Herb Low Carb Pork Chops
It's grilling season and this Lemon Herb Low Carb Pork Chops recipe is a simple, tangy marinade that will make your pork chops taste amazing!
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 20 minutes
- Total Time
- 25 minutes
- Main Course
- Karami Urbanoski
- low carb pork chops
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 4 large bone in thick pork chops
- In a large measuring cup, whisk together the lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt and seasoning.
- Place the pork chops in a large plastic resealable bag and pour the marinade over top, coating them pork chops on both sides.
- Seal the bag and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- If you can, turn the bag once in a while to coat the pork chops evenly.
- When you are ready to grill, preheat your outdoor grill on medium high heat, around 375-425 °F. Make sure to lightly oil the grill grate to prevent sticking if needed.
- Remove the pork chops from the marinade bag place the pork chops on top of the grill. Take some of the remaining marinade and brush on top for one last flavour boost.
- Cook the pork chops for 7-10 minutes on each side OR until they reach an internal temperature of 140 °F. Remove, tent with tinfoil and let rest for a few minutes ,then serve. ( The temperature will raise if you tent them, but if you don't want to tent them, cook them to 145 °F.)
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.