This Double Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast is sure to be a new family favourite. There is something sooooo right about a chicken breast stuffed with cheese, am I right?
Also, this is one of the ways my son will eat chicken breast other than breaded so this is definitely going into the rotation permanently. I mean, look at that cheese, you guys. There’s nothing that I love more than melting cheese. I’m serious. I will take it over chocolate!
Melty, tangy, stringy amazing cheese.
It doesn’t get better than cheese stuffed chicken. If you love this than you should try my Spinach & Cream Cheese Stuffed Pan Fried Chicken Breasts
Well, maybe add some bacon around it but that’s coming later on!
Now of course you can make these Double Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast with other types of cheese, if you want. I DO suggest leaving the cream cheese in there though, the tanginess is absolutely divine! You can also put garlic in the middle with the cheese, the options are almost endless for this favourite!
Happy Low Carbing!
Don’t Forget to PIN THIS RECIPE to your Dinner / LOW CARB RECIPES boards and remember to
Double Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Cook Time
- 40 minutes
- Main Course, Supper
- Karami Urbanoski
- 4 Boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 8 oz Package cream cheese Divided into 4 slices
- 4 Slices of cheddar cheese
- 4 Tbsp Chives
- 1 Egg - Beaten
- 3/4 Cup Crushed pork rinds
- 1/4 Cup finely grated Romano cheese
- 1 Tbsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 Cup Butter - Melted
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper or spray a cooking sheet with cooking spray.
- Butterfly each breast by slicing in half horizontally through the centre, cutting almost all the way through but not completely. Fold them open.
- Place one slice each of the old cheddar and the cream cheese in the centre of each breast, top with 1 tbsp green onion and then close the top of the breast over it. Pat dry with paper towel. Set aside.
- Put the egg into a small shallow bowl that you can fit the chicken in and beat the egg.
- In a separate bowl, combine pork crumbs, garlic and Romano cheese. Set aside 2 Tablespoons of crumbs in a separate bowl to sprinkle on after.
- Carefully dip each breast first in egg, then into the breadcrumb mixture, patting lightly to firmly coat. Get a good coating on there! Place each onto the baking pan.
- Try to tuck the edges of the chicken under to close up the chicken breast and use a toothpick if you need to, to hold them together. The more you can get them closed, the less cheese you lose!
- Sprinkle the reserved pork crumbs on the top of the chicken breasts if you want extra crumbs. Salt and pepper the breasts to your taste.
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe measuring up. Pour slowly and evenly over the chicken breasts careful to not wash off the crumbs and seasonings.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, until an internal minimal temperature of 165 degrees is reached, or until no longer pink in centre and juices run clear.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.