This Spinach & Cream Cheese Stuffed Pan Fried Chicken Breasts recipe is a fat loaded, Keto chicken recipe dream come true. This recipe is not only low carb but you can make it high fat – or low fat if you aren't targeting Keto fat macros.
Keto Spinach & Cream Cheese Stuffed Pan Fried Chicken Breasts
I love a good stuffed chicken breast recipe just like the next person. The problem usually is that you have to wrap bacon around them to get the filling to stay in ( I know, that's not a problem, that's a smart, salty delicious solution!) and then the filling inevitably leaks its way out of the chicken.
This pan-fried spinach & cream cheese stuffed chicken however, solves that problem First, just like the name says, you pan fry the chicken. Then you add the filling, cover the chicken and heat it through.
Simple, yes? And no bacon in sight!
Tips & Tricks for Pan Fried Chicken Breasts
- Pan fried chicken is best cooked on medium heat. You don't want to cook the chicken fast on the outside and then have it raw on the inside.
- You don't need to cook the spinach cream cheese filling, you simply have to heat it up. That's the brilliance of pan frying the butterflied chicken breasts instead of baking them in the oven wrapped in bacon. The filling doesn't leak out ( as long as you are careful) and you can heat it up slowly and surely.
- You could also wrap this in bacon at the point after the chicken is cooked and you stuff the cream cheese in. It really doesn't need it and sometimes bacon is overdone in low carb and keto recipes.
- This chicken breasts recipe has been one of the most popular on The Kitchen Magpie for a couple years now so we have shared it here as well!
Happy Keto and low carb cooking!
Pin this to your KETO CHICKEN RECIPES or KETO SUPPER IDEAS board and remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Spinach & Cream Cheese Stuffed Pan Fried Chicken Breasts
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Cook Time
- 21 minutes
- Total Time
- 36 minutes
- Main Course
- Karami Urbanoski
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 10- ounce package frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup cream cheese at room temp
- 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1-2 tbsp minced chives or green onions
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- salt to taste
- Place plastic wrap on top of each chicken breast and using a meat mallet, pound them slightly thinner. ( they will fry up faster if you do this step.)
- To butterfly your chicken breasts, lay them flat on sturdy surface. Place one hand on top to hold it in place and then slice 3/4 of the way through the chicken breast. Do not slice all the way through!
- Heat up the olive oil in a large skillet.
- Fry the chicken breast in the frying pan on medium heat, approximately 7 minutes a side, until they start to get golden brown and crispy on the outside and reach a temperature of 165°F. You want them to be cooked before you stuff them!
- Combine the spinach, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, chives and garlic in a bowl and microwave to take the chill off. Make sure it's nice and warm. ( this is such an easy cheat! I was so excited!)
- Carefully spoon a quarter of cheese mixture into the middle of the cooked chicken breasts.
- Turn the heat to low and put a lid on the frying pan. Heat for another 5-7 minutes, until the cream cheese mixture has heated through.
- Remove and plate. Enjoy!
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.