This Cheesy Loaded Cauliflower Bread is a totally low carb side dish that tastes amazing and is a seriously delicious easy way to eat your veggies. I have been wanting to make this for months, and I will be making more dishes with cauliflower in the coming weeks.You DO have to love cauliflower to like this “bread”, so be warned.
Now this is not a bread consistency but it IS amazing how it bakes up into a little flatbread-type base that has you eating pure veggies instead of bread.
I am definitely trying this with pizza! (another to-do on my list) I am pretty sure that this is going to make a fantastic pizza crust, and I can't wait to try it. What do you think, would ham pizza be ok? Ham and cauliflower usually are a FABULOUS pairing so part of me thinks it would be great!
My nephew made this and he really loved it. This Cheesy Loaded Cauliflower Bread is so easy to just press flat, shape and bake!
Once its pre baked, load it up with your favourite toppings like bacon, sliced ham, cheese and chives! Such a great substitute for bread with all of the best toppings!
I will definitely be making this again, it satisfied that cheesy craving you get for garlic bread! Well, close, I mean, let’s be honest, there’s nothing like garlic bread. However, if you are looking for a low carb, gluten-free and healthier alternative,this works as well. (watch the other ingredients, like bacon, for the gluten free version)
So what are your thoughts? Are you on board with all the cauliflower uses, like bread, sauces and rice? Or totally not ever going to touch your plate and you will find other bread and rice substitutes?
Happy Low Carbing!
Don’t Forget to PIN THIS RECIPE to your LOW CARB RECIPES board and remember to
FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST!
Cheesy Loaded Cauliflower Bread
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Cook Time
- 25 minutes
- Appetizer, Main Course, Side Dish
- Karami Urbanoski
- 2 1/2 cups Riced Cauliflower
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-2 tsp chopped chives or green onion
- 2 slices bacon pre cooked
- 1 tsp olive oil for baking sheet
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix the first four ingredients together in a large bowl until evenly distributed.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and use the olive oil to grease the parchment paper.
- Spread and flatten the cauliflower mixture into a rectangle about 1/4 inch thick. Make sure the thickness is even. Use your hands to make it a square.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until dried out slightly and browned on the edges.
- Remove from the oven and and sprinkle the cheese,onions and bacon on top.
- Return to the oven for another 3-5 minutes, until cheese is just browned and bubbling,
- Remove, cool slightly and slice to serve!
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
Made this recipe?
Share a photo of what you made on Instagram or Facebook and tag me @thekitchenmagpie or hashtag it #thekitchenmagpie.
Please rate this recipe in the comments below to help out your fellow cooks!
Comments & Recipe Tips Share a tip or comment!
This sounds like it would make a great pizza, especially with putting cheese and garlic directly into the shell. Top with ham, sweet pepper, and pineapple and it could become a new favourite.