Finally, a low carb cracker option perfect for dipping, dunking and scooping your favourite dip! These super simple low carb Cheese Crackers are the best for dipping or topping with most anything! These are a versatile cracker that you can spice up as you like! You can roll them thicker and they are a bit soft or roll them thinner to make a crispier cracker!
I have to admit that making crackers is easy, but rolling the dough takes a few tries and a bit of practice. I found out that rolling the dough and cutting squares and transferring them to a baking sheet separately was the best way to get the most uniform evenly baked crackers. And by picking up each piece of cracker dough that is cut you get to know when its too thick or too thin and you are able to only pick the best pieces to put on the cookie sheet. Just keep re rolling the dough bits and pieces that were not quite right in the next batch to cut and keep filling up the cookie sheet with the same thickness of cracker. Trust me you will get better at it.
I made these Cheese Crackers a bit thicker as I wanted a more bread like thick “chip”. One that would hold up to thicker dips and these did not disappoint! These Crackers pair perfect with a great spinach dip, taco dip, ranch dip or even my low carb Dill Dip! The options are open and these are perfect for any game day or family gathering!
Happy Low Carbing!
Don’t Forget to PIN THIS RECIPE to your SNACKS or LOW CARB RECIPES board and remember to
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Cook Time
- 9 minutes
- Total Time
- 19 minutes
- Karami Urbanoski
- 2 cups Old Cheddar Cheese (8 Oz or 250 grams) Not pre grated
- 1 cup Almond flour
- 2 oz Cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp Salt sprinkle on top before baking
- 1 tsp seasoning of choice - chives,rosemary,oregano, sweet chili etc (Optional)
- 1 Egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. And line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients except the egg, in a deep bowl and stir to combine.
- Microwave for 55-65 seconds.
- It is easiest to mix with a stand mixer and flat beater if possible. Mix until well incorporated.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Add the egg and continue to mix until dough forms. Divide into half making two even balls of dough making it easier to work with.
- Take two large pieces of parchment paper and put one ball of dough between them an roll it flat. Tip - If the dough is too sticky - let it cool a bit more and it is SO much easier to work with (Don't panic like I did, just wait another 5 minutes)
- Once its rolled to about 1/8 " thick take a knife or pizza cutter and cut 1 inch squares into dough. Repeat using all dough and keeping the sizes uniform to about 1 inch squares.
- Pick up each square and place onto the parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt of choice.
- Bake a full, large pan of crackers for about 5 minutes, remove from the oven, flip them and bake for another 4 minutes. If you are baking only a half a pan for the remainder of the dough put them in for 3 minutes flip, then bake another 3 minutes. When they start to brown on top its time to flip them!
- Remove from the oven to cool on a plate.
- Note: If you want a thinner, crispier cracker, just roll them thinner for the next batch and cook them less time as they will brown a lot faster.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.