If you are looking for a quick and easy yet delicious bottom round roast recipe, you've come to the right place. This simple three ingredient (excluding the roast) recipe will leave your mouth watering.
The Easiest Bottom Round Roast Recipe Ever
This is easily one of the simplest bottom round roast recipes out there but it's also one of the best in my mind. It's incredibly easy for anyone and the three simple ingredients certainly help.
What You'll Need For This Recipe
- Bottom Round Roast
- Minced Garlic
- Oven Safe Skillet
With paper towels, pat the roast dry to allow the butter mixture to stick. In a bowl, soften 1/4 cup of butter and add 1 tbsp of rosemary and 1 tbsp of minced garlic. Mix them together well with a fork. Take the mixture and spread it with your hands over the roast until the outside is well covered.
Place the bottom round roast in an oven safe skillet and put it in the oven. Reduce the heat in the oven to 475°F and roast for 7 minutes per pound. Now turn off the oven and leave it for an hour without opening the oven door.
After an hour, turn the temperature in the oven to 200°F and let the roast cook for another hour or until the internal temperature reaches your desired level of doneness.
Slice and serve.
High Temp Roast Beef Method
This is the high temperature (500 °F) method of cooking roast beef. The theory is that you sear the outside of the roast, thus keeping the juices inside, then slow cook it as the temperature drops in the oven. We found that after an hour, the temperature in the oven was 200 °F and we didn't want it to drop any further, so we turned on the oven and left it at 200 °F. Bottom round roasts are a tough roast and this method helps to cook up a tender roast.
The Roast is SO Pink! OMG, Cook the Roast More!
Sense my sarcasm? First : stop cooking by looks. The amounts of comments that we get on our website about a roast being too pink is INSANE. This roast was done in the middle to 130 °F, which is medium-rare. You CANNOT COOK BY COLOUR or you are going to ruin a roast! There is a ton of science behind why roasts can look extremely pink at even medium doneness, “It's ultimate color may be affected by the type of beef, its pH and the part of the carcass it comes from. ”
Mike's Tips for The Best Bottom Round Roast
- Use a digital thermometer to gauge the correct internal temperature of your roast.
- It's best to use an oven safe skillet such as a cast iron one.
- An electric knife will make slicing this roast much easier as bottom round is typically a bit tougher than a more expensive roast.
- Make gravy from the drippings!
I hope you like this as much as my family did!
Pin This Recipe to Your Low Carb Recipes Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST
Buttery Herb & Garlic Bottom Round Roast Recipe
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 2 hours 35 minutes
- Total Time
- 2 hours 40 minutes
- Main Course
- 4 people
- Karami Urbanoski
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tbsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- With paper towels, pat the roast dry to allow the butter mixture to stick.
- Combine butter, rosemary and minced garlic.
- Spread the mixture by hand over the roast covering as much as you can.
- In an oven safe skillet, put the roast in the oven, close the oven door and reduce the temperature to 475 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roast for 7 minutes per pound and then turn the oven off completely (keeping the oven door closed).
- After 1 hour, turn the oven on to 200 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for approximately 1 hour or until the internal temperature of your roast reaches your desired temperature (rare, medium, etc).
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.