One of my all time favourite desserts is chocolate mousse. This Low Carb Chocolate Mousse is simple and has basic ingredients you probably have in your fridge which really does make this recipe so easy.
I have to admit that I have a very bad sweet tooth. I love, love, love chocolate and this mousse is one of my go to sweet treats while low carbing. It has a base of whipped cream cheese with whipped cream to fluff it all up! Low Carb Chocolate Mousse definitely helps helps keep me on track when I'm looking for something sweet, while keeping trying to keep my daily carb counts lower.
What is Chocolate Mousse Made Of?
Chocolate mousses are typically made with whipped egg whites, whipped cream, or both, and flavoured with different herbs or spices, mint, coffee, chocolate, caramel, or even vanilla. Any of these will give a great taste when paired with chocolate.
How Long Does Chocolate Mousse Last?
Chocolate Mousse will last in the fridge up to 4 days, but it is best if used within 2 days for the best flavours.
This Low Carb Chocolate Mousse is now my go-to dessert for two reasons: 1) Because it has simple ingredients and 2) It takes 5 minutes to make! This recipe makes 2 small servings, but it is best split into three small servings as it is quite rich. Feel free to double this recipe to have dessert for a few more days!
Happy Low Carbing!
Pin This Recipe to Your Low Carb Recipes Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST
Low Carb Chocolate Mousse
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Karami Urbanoski
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 pkg cream cheese (About 4 oz)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 1 tsp instant coffee
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 packets splenda or about 4 tsp powdered sweetener equivalent
- In a deep bowl whip the cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add in the whipping cream, vanilla, cocoa, instant coffee and the pinch salt to the cream cheese. Whip on low to incorporate for 30 seconds.
- Whip this all together really well about 2 minutes until nice and fluffy!
- Spoon into 2-3 small containers and top with whipped cream if you choose. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
- Enjoy this smooth, sweet treat!
- Note: I found that whipping the cream first and adding it in later did not make a bit of difference in fluffiness.
- Note: I found a stand mixer with a wire whisk made it fluffier than a standard mixer and beaters, but both work fine.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.