There’s nothing better than a quick and easy salad when you’re starving, still want to eat healthy and the right dressing is really what makes the salad complete. I absolutely adore this super creamy homemade Caesar salad dressing and I hope you will too!
I’ve been using this recipe for years now and it always goes down a treat with friends and family. It’s super versatile and I like to use it for dipping vegetables too!
How to Make Low Carb Caesar Salad Dressing
- Combine all of the ingredients excepting the salt and pepper into a container that you can use an immersion or hand blender in to mix the ingredients. A mason jar works perfectly! Alternatively, you can place this all in your blender.
- Process and blend all of the ingredients together, adding in more garlic and lemon to taste if you want (I am Ukrainian so there is always room for more garlic!).
- Add in the salt and pepper to taste (I rarely need to salt this though).
- This will store in the fridge for a week and yields around 1 cup of dressing.
How Long Does Homemade Caesar Salad Dressing Last?
This homemade Low Carb Caesar salad dressing doesn’t contain eggs so it’ll last for up to 7 days in the refrigerator. But if you ever make a salad dressing with eggs it’ll cut the time in half, so just keep that in mind! I don’t recommend freezing your Caesar salad dressing as it just never really works out very well.
How to Make Caesar Salad Dressing without Eggs
I don’t use eggs in this Low Carb Caesar salad dressing recipe. I use a lovely creamy mayonnaise instead, which turns out super tasty! It also lasts a few days longer as I noted above, which can come in handy if you’ve made a bit extra. Just check out the recipe and instructions below.
How Much Sugar is in Caesar Salad dressing?
Store-bought Caesar salad dressings can contain sugar, so it’s best to check the label, but my homemade Low Carb Caesar salad dressing is sugar-free!
Do all Caesar Dressings have Anchovies?
The first ever Caesar salad dressing didn’t actually contain anchovies, but they’ve since become a bit of a staple ingredient. I personally use anchovy paste in this recipe, but it’s completely up to you whether you want to add it or not. The Worcestershire Sauce in this recipe will ensure you still get that slight fishy flavour even if you decide to leave the anchovies out. In fact, Caesar Cardini who first invented the Caesar salad didn’t use anchovies at all; he used Worcestershire Sauce in his recipe too! Fun fact: it was Cardini’s brother who first started adding actual anchovies to the recipe!
What to do with Low Carb Caesar Salad Dressing
The first and most obvious thing to do with your homemade Low Carb Caesar salad dressing is to pair it with a yummy salad of Choice, but there are actually lots of ways you can use your caesar salad for a variety of dishes.
If you’re cooking chicken, Low Carb Caesar salad dressing works as a great marinade. Just toss the chicken in the dressing, leave it in the refrigerator overnight, and grill or roast it when you’re ready to eat. The dressing will soak into the chicken making it super tender and moist!
Low Carb Caesar salad dressing is also a great alternative to olive oil when you’re roasting your favourite Vegetables! They’ll turn out super caramelized and extra crispy and even more tasty!
Oh, and if you fancy changing things up with your regular old burgers and sandwiches, try swapping the usual condiments for a slathering of Low Carb Caesar dressing instead! It’ll pair really well with ham, roast beef, turkey, and any kind of vegetables.
Let me know what you guys think in the comments below, I honestly LOVE LOVE LOVE this recipe, it’s my go-to from now on!
Happy Low Carbing!
PIN THIS RECIPE to your LOW CARB / SALAD RECIPES Boards and Remember to
Low Carb Caesar Salad Dressing
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Salad, Side Dish, Supper
- Karami Urbanoski
- 3/4 Cup Low Carb Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Or clove of fresh pressed garlic (Or Minced)
- 2 1/2 Tsp Anchovy Paste
- 1 Tsp Dijon Style Mustard
- 1/3 Cup Finely grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 Tsp Lemon Juice to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients except the salt and pepper into a container that you can use an immersion or hand blender in to mix the ingredients. A mason jar works perfect! You could also use a blender.
- Process and blend all of the ingredients together, adding in more garlic and lemon to taste if you want. ( I am Ukrainian so there is always room for more garlic!)
- Add in the salt and pepper to taste. ( I rarely need to salt this though)
- This will store in the fridge for a week in a closed container and yields around 1 cup of dressing.
- If you let this sit in the fridge for several hours before using it, it tends to be a bit more flavourful.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.