These Lemon Rosemary Oven Baked Chicken Thighs are better than anything you'll eat in a restaurant! They are also super low carb!
How to Make Oven Baked Chicken Thighs
Chicken thighs in the oven are one of the best dinners out there for those eating low carb. They are easy to make, retain their juices and are very hard to overcook. They do much better when cooked in sauces than chicken breast.
What You'll Need For This Recipe
- 6 to 8 chicken thighs (skin on)
- Salted Butter
- White Wine (dry)
- Oven Safe Skillet
- Chicken Broth
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
Preheat your oven to 375°F while preparing the chicken. Using the aforementioned oven safe skillet, melt the butter over medium heat on the stove. Place the chicken thighs in the skillet and fry them until golden brown, turning them occasionally to cook both sides.
In a large measuring cup, whisk the broth, garlic powder, white wine and the juice from half of the lemon together. Pour this into the skillet over the chicken and cook for an additional 5 minutes stirring as needed. Cut the other half of the lemon into slices and place these on top of the chicken thighs. (note: if you want crisp chicken skin, skip this step).
Sprinkle the thighs with rosemary and place the oven safe skillet in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until thighs are cooked.
Chicken Cooking Temperatures
It’s very important to make sure you cook your chicken thoroughly so I recommend using a digital thermometer to properly measure the temperature. You can also use this temperature chart to make sure that the chicken is cooked correctly.
Mike's Tips & Tricks for the Best Oven Baked Chicken Thighs
- Taste test the chicken stock mixture before you add it to the skillet and fine tune it to your liking.
- Chicken thighs are easier to cook than chicken breast as it's tough to dry them out and overcook them.
- You can use this recipe for up to 8 chicken thighs without having to scale it at all.
- I like to use cast iron skillets as they are both oven safe and they blow away normal frying pans and skillets as far as quality is concerned.
- Topping with lemon will prevent the skin from being crispy so if you prefer things crispy, leave it off.
These are well worth cooking and you'll love them, guaranteed!
Pin This Recipe to Your Low Carb Recipes Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST
Lemon Rosemary Chicken Thighs (Oven Baked)
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 45 minutes
- Total Time
- 50 minutes
- Main Course
- Karami Urbanoski
- 6-8 chicken thighs skin on
- 3 tbsp salted butter
- 1/2 cup strong chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup semi-dry to dry white wine
- 1 in lemon cut half
- 3-4 tbsp fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium or large oven safe skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Place the chicken thighs in the skillet and fry until golden brown and crispy, turning occasionally to cook both sides.
- In a large measuring cup, whisk together the broth, garlic powder, white wine and squeeze the juice from one lemon half into the mixture. Pour into the skillet and mix into the butter mixture.
- Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring the sauce occasionally.
- Take the other lemon half and cut into slices. Place on top of chicken if desired. If you want the chicken to stay crisp, omit this step.
- Sprinkle the rosemary over the chicken.
- Place into the oven.
- Bake for another 30-35 minutes until the chicken thighs are cooked.
- Remove and serve.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.