This Creamy Hollandaise Sauce is tangy, smooth and has a delightful buttery flavour! I can't believe that I have not been making this versatile sauce that is low carb and pouring it over everything! It goes with so many different foods!
What is Hollandaise Sauce?
Hollandaise is a delicate sauce that is a mixture of egg yolks, lemon juice and butter.
What does Hollandaise Sauce go with?
Hollandaise Sauce goes well with Eggs Benedict, cooked asparagus, steak, or baked salmon!
What does Hollandaise Sauce taste like?
This sauce tastes like a rich, creamy, lemony butter. You can add other favourite herbs and spices to lightly flavour it like dill or cayenne pepper.
Hollandaise sauce can be a little bit tricky to make, and of course I have messed it up a few times, but when you get the hang of it – It is worth every golden spoonful! I hope you enjoy this as much as we have!
Happy Low Carbing!
Pin This Recipe to Your Low Carb Recipes Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 11 minutes
- Karami Urbanoski
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1/2 cup butter-melted
- Add the egg yolks to a small pot; whisk until bright yellow and slightly thick, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in lemon juice, and pepper.
- Melt the butter in the microwave until it is liquid and very hot.
- Put the pot on low heat (or using a double boiler) continue to whisk while very, very slowly pouring in the hot butter in.
- While whisking, the sauce will thicken up slightly as it begins to heat in the pot. Just bring the mixture to a temperature of 160 degrees.
- Tip - Eggs start to curdle at around 160-170°F/71-76°C. The trick is to heat your egg yolks enough to get them thick, but stop right before they reach this temperature.
- While it is still hot - pour over vegetables, steak, eggs, or whatever you choose to!
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.