This low carb chicken recipe is for all of you busy low-carb moms/dads on the go,a roast chicken that your family will love is mere minutes of prep away and is so simple! Not only that, you roast this chicken on a bed of vegetables – so you can feed your kids potatoes, carrots and other sides while YOU enjoy your low-carb chicken!
Roasted Chicken Using Butter and Herbs
This is basically a gorgeous, large and in charge roast chicken that was cooked using ONE CUP of butter. I'll pass the smelling salts out now for those of you who just fainted. That's right folks…one whole cup of butter. Let that sink in for a moment, because as soon as it really hits you, you are going to realize that there is just no way this recipe isn't anything other than freaking fantastic.What truly makes this fantastic is that it is so incredible easy to make, you guys. The ingredients are so simple for the chicken and then when you add in my laziness, I came up with the perfect roast chicken meal.
Low Carb Chicken Recipe For When You Have Kids To Feed As Well
SO many websites ignore the fact that kids don't eat low carb – and a lot of us are parents! This low carb chicken recipe is perfect for families – the kids will eat chicken and vegetables and like you see in the photos, Karlynn and I had deviled eggs and asparagus with ours. The entire family is fed with very little extra effort.
Tips & Tricks For Roasted Chicken
- The trick to this roasted chicken recipe is that it combines almost all of the tricks of the roasting chicken trade into one recipe.
- Placing cut lemons inside for moisture helps immensely. This is a moist, juicy chicken!
- The butter and herbs are essential for taste and crispy skin. Not only that, the butter and herbs trickle down into the vegetables, making everything flavoured and buttery.
- Another secret that chefs use is oil to make sure that skin crisps up. You don't need a lot of it, but it helps!
- Having the vegetables roasted at the same time for optimal taste and ease is a life saver for busy moms on the go!
The chicken bakes up so perfectly delicious and crispy that I've found my go-to low carb chicken recipe for a solid roast chicken. The herb butter melts into those vegetables and cooks right in, saturating them from the inside out with flavor. The chicken isn't dry in the slightest with all the moisture used.
Make sure to use a nice large chicken for the best taste, around 5-7 lbs is a great size (I picked mine up at Acme Meat Market here in Edmonton). I really hope that you guys give this one a whirl!
Pin this to your KETO/ LOW CARB DINNER RECIPES and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST
Herb & Butter Roasted Low Carb Chicken Recipe
- Prep Time
- 10 minutes
- Main Course
- Keto, low carb
- Karami Urbanoski
- 1 large chicken around 5-6 lbs
- 1 cup salted butter room temp
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp poultry seasoning
- 1 lemon
- 1 small onion for inside the chicken cavity
- 2 large large potatoes washed and sliced into large chunks
- 4 large carrots washed and sliced into large chunks
- 1 large white onion peeled and quartered - cook with the vegetables
- 1) Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- 2) Pat dry the chicken.
- 3) Combine the butter with the oil and poultry seasoning until completely mixed. Rub onto the outside of the entire chicken completely, until coated.
- 4) Slice the lemon in half and place inside the cavity of the chicken, along with any leftover butter mixture.
- 5) Place into a large roaster on a baking rack. Add your desired vegetables around the edges.
- 6) Roast chicken uncovered in the preheated oven until browned and the juices run clear, about 2 hours. At the one hour point, give the vegetables a stir to coat with the melted butter mix and juices.
- 7) The chicken is done when an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a thigh, not touching bone, reads at least 175 ° F. ( for meat texture, 175 is best)
- 8) Remove from oven and tent with foil, letting it rest for 10 minutes minimum.
- 9) Remove, carve and serve along with the vegetables.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.