I love cooking in the Instant Pot and it's a great way to prepare mashed cauliflower. I didn't realize how well this fits in place of mashed potatoes (especially when trying to eat low carb) but since making them, I'm converted. This Mashed Instant Pot Cauliflower is amazing with dill and garlic and you can sub whichever spices you choose as well!
How to Make Dill and Garlic Instant Pot Mashed Cauliflower
What You'll Need for This Recipe
To prepare this recipe, you'll need the following ingredients:
- Cauliflower (washed and trimmed)
- Garlic (I recommend minced as it's a time saver)
- Dill (fresh is best)
- Butter or Margarine (depending on your tastes)
- Chicken broth
- Instant Pot
The best part about the Instant Pot is how quickly it can cook a cauliflower for mashing. It's literally just 4 minutes! You simply place the entire head of cauliflower into the Instant Pot (washed and trimmed of course). Pour the chicken broth over top of it and top with the butter, dill and garlic, close the lid and cook for 4 minutes on High Pressure. This will give you a nice soft cauliflower that you can mash and / or whip.
Put everything together as shown below into your Instant Pot and cook for the 4 minutes required.
When the cooking is finished, release the steam, remove the lid and mash or whip into your desired consistency. For this recipe, I used a hand mixer to whip them into a nice and creamy dill / garlic mash.
Mike's Tips and Tricks for the Best Mashed Cauliflower
- This is best served with fresh dill and I recommend after whipping that you top with some fresh dill as well for additional flavor.
- Use minced garlic which you can buy at the grocery store to add some additional moisture and garlic oils which increases the flavor.
- Use a hand mixer to whip the cauliflower into a nice creamy mash.
- I recommend purchasing liquid broth for use in this recipe.
Once you are done, you'll end up with something as delicious as this to feed your family. Trust me, you will quickly forget your potato cravings and this will soon become a staple in your diet. Heck, even our kids eat it without complaining (parenting win!).
Let me know how this works for you and if you've tried it, please share on Pinterest so others can enjoy it as well!
Happy low carbing,
Pin This Recipe to Your Low Carb Recipes Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST
Garlic and Dill Mashed Instant Pot Cauliflower
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 4 minutes
- Total Time
- 9 minutes
- Side Dish
- Karami Urbanoski
- 1 whole head of cauliflower, washed and trimmed
- 1/2 cup strong chicken broth
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped dill
- 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- Place the ingredients into the Instant Pot and cook on High Pressure for 4 minutes.
- Release steam, remove lid and whip with hand blender.
- Top with fresh dill and butter and serve.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.