Who loves a good cheese ball? These Cheese Ball Bites are always the first snack to go at our family gatherings and parties. I know that these are super easy and take less than 15 minutes to prepare for those of us with precious little time. These Cheese Ball Bites are packed with flavour, rolled in pecans and will be your new party favourite for sure.
Low carb snacks are something that I need to have on hand to keep myself on track. I find having a list of them written down (because I am quite forgetful) so I can either buy snacks or to make the snacks for the upcoming week.
How long does a cheese ball keep in the fridge?
A cheese ball will keep in the fridge for about 4 days. Cheese balls freeze perfectly when wrapped in plastic wrap then wrapped in tin foil.
What to serve with a cheese ball?
A light buttery cracker is classic to highlight the strong cheese flavour of the cheese ball, though you can also serve it with mini bagels or mini Melba toast type crackers. A side of meat slices and crackers also go well with a cheese ball.
Making these Cheese Ball Bites is an easy and quick recipe that you can throw together in a snap to wow your party guests or family. Throw the ingredients in a bowl and mix it together – It doesn't get any easier!
Pin This Recipe to Your Low Carb Recipes Boards and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST
Cheese Ball Bites
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Karami Urbanoski
- 1/2 lb Grated Old Cheddar Cheese About 220 grams cheese
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/2 can 1/2 of a 240g can of ham flakes (All moisture well squeezed out)
- 1/8 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/4 tsp celery seed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup crushed pecans (optional)
- 6-7 pcs cooked crispy bacon (optional)
- Add all ingredients except the bacon or pecans in a mixing bowl.
- Mix the ingredients together until well combined.
- Use a tablespoon size scoop and roll into balls. Set aside.
- When all are rolled into balls, roll them in the bacon or nuts and press into the cheese to get it to stick easier.
- This cheese ball recipe is the most flavorful if prepared and left overnight in the fridge and eaten the next day.
- Tip: If rolling in any type of nut - Roll the Cheese Ball Bites in the nuts 1 hour before serving. If you roll them and let them sit too long, the nuts go soft.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.