These low carb lettuce wraps will have you not missing tortilla's one bit! Wrap butter leaf lettuce around an amazing avocado chicken salad and you've got crunch, you've got flavor, you've got lunch!
How to Make Delicious Low Carb Lettuce Wraps
These wraps only require a short amount of prep time, especially if you use a precooked rotisserie chicken like the ones you can pick up in the local grocery store. When selecting your avocados, make sure you pick ones that are slightly soft but not too squishy, there's a great article on how to select avocados on wikiHow. Butter lettuce is also a better choice than romaine in this instance as it's more tender but should you be unable to get your hands on some, you can use whichever you prefer.
Tips & Tricks for Making these Avocado Chicken Salad Low Carb Lettuce Wraps
- Use a rotisserie chicken to make this easier and save your self time cooking a chicken.
- Butter lettuce is best but you can use romaine or any other type you prefer.
- You can honestly substitute whichever ingredients you wish, it's a very flexible recipe.
- Fresh lime juice is far better flavor wise than that found in a bottle and I recommend using fresh ingredients wherever possible.
Why Lettuce Wraps instead of Normal Wraps?
While some wraps are low carb, lettuce as a substitute in most scenarios tastes better in my humble opinion and adds more crunch. I'm a personal believer that once you've tried these with butter lettuce, you won't miss the wraps at all. However, should you prefer another low carb wrap that is more bread based, the ones below are a good choice:
Happy Low Carbing,
Pin this to your KETO/ LOW CARB DINNER RECIPES and Remember to FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST
Avocado Chicken Salad Low Carb Lettuce Wraps
- Prep Time
- 15 minutes
- Total Time
- 15 minutes
- Main Course
- low carb
- Karami Urbanoski
- 2 cups finely diced cubed cooked chicken
- 2 ripe avocados pit removed and diced into cubes
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 butterleaf lettuce washed and leaves removed intact
- Combine ingredients into a bowl.
- Serve in washed butter lettuce leaves.
All calories and info are based on a third party calculator and are only an estimate. Actual nutritional info will vary with brands used, your measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
Made this recipe?
Share a photo of what you made on Instagram or Facebook and tag me @thekitchenmagpie or hashtag it #thekitchenmagpie.
Please rate this recipe in the comments below to help out your fellow cooks!
Leave a Comment or Recipe Tip